Unknown Error at Enter Settings

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Hi I'm, trying to use your solution, but I'm getting an "unknown error" at the moment to enter to the settings page.

I'm new to Sharepoint so I really don't know where to look for resolve this problem.

On the documentation you states "The user who´s running the App Pool must have privileges on the SharePoint configuration database." ¿where can I check this point?

thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Hi,

when the feature is activated, a job is launched to copy the resource files to the App_GlobalResources folder of the web application

( Here´s the statement -> SPWebService.ContentService.ApplyApplicationContentToLocalServer())

The user who's running the app pool must be a valid user to log into the SharePoint database.

If you´re in a testing environment, put you´re local administrador as the user who runs the application pool.

An other way to solve the problem of the settings page, is to manually copy the resource files into the App_GlobalResources folder.

But, the resize process will no work, because the image processing is launched trough a job.

Best regards,

Vítor